Enhanced Lama Tsongkhapa.com!
During my birthday in 2010, two student’s of mine from Indonesia surprised me with a lovely birthday present: Betsy Ciaptura and Valentina Suhendra felt that my teachings, especially those regarding Lama Tsongkhapa’s, were helpful in their lives and that they had benefited in some way. It made such an impact in their lives that they wanted help their fellow Indonesians by bringing the teachings in Indonesia as well. So, they came up with www.lamatsongkhapa.com!
These two highly intelligent women, started by translating teachings after teachings and gradually uploaded them onto the website for anyone to read. Within 3 months, they decided that the website needed improving. They studied up on how to improve the website, and even hired people to do a professional job on the website! They have hired a free-lance translator and 2 web designers.
Below is the email that Valentina sent to inform me of the new and improved website..She has clearly done her homework!
“My dear LamaHappy New Year!! I would like to offer you the newly enhanced lamatsongkhapa.com. The enhanced features were:
- The front page enhancement – now it is more user friendly. Instead of just putting 5 newest articles on the site, we put the link of newest articles from each dynamic section (section that received regular updates). I got this idea from my favorite site, cnn.com
- New Menu under H.E. Tsem Rinpoche
- Teaching and contemplation – We featured the Indonesian version of your teaching taken from No More Cave and Contemplation menu in tsemtulku.com
- From Rinpoche’s Blog – we feature selected articles from three sections of your blog: animal and vegetarianism, Kechara 13 Departments, and Inspiration and Worthy words. This section will also provide the foundation to put articles that are dear to your heart, animal protection and vegetarianism
- Kechara menu – featuring introduction to Kechara organization and introduction within
- Local project -Soup kitchen – featuring articles, volunteer messages, and impression from our weekly food distribution to the homeless. FYI – this week is the fourth week in a row that we got sponsors for our weekly food distribution.I have commissioned a free lance translator Shiela Setiadi to assist in the translation of articles from your blogs. we start from articles from animal and vegetarianism. Betsy and I are still doing translation and article write ups. the purpose of engaging free lance translator is to speed things up.The website design of the new enhanced website is executed by our web designers, Syntia Wijaya Dharma and Dian Maya Listya. I just come up with the idea and content :-).Much love and happy new year!!!Valentina”
Everything on the website is very clean cut, user-friendly and fresh. There so much initiative that these two women have put into the Lama Tsongkhapa website. By doing that, they have and will continue to spread the teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa in Indonesia. So, so many people will be able to benefit it.
I have asked others in the past to start blog/websites on Tsongkapa and Setrap… some have. Some have maintained it… well Valentina really surprised me with her team with the BEST NEW YEAR’S GIFT. I like this type of action dharma so much. Some people always make barriers and obstacles of why they cannot do dharma work and the years just float by wasted. Some people really find a way to do dharma and the time passes by with great benefits for themselves and others.
Please keep up this website..in time see what else to add to it and make it bigger, and even more extensive. It is beautiful now, but as with our practice, we can add more. Consider the upkeep of this sacred site as a very important dharma practice. Every time you work on it, dedicate your merits. Rejoice in how many you can benefit through this. Beautiful…
I love this website. Thank you for such fantastic gift. Thank you for doing something and not just make excuses… thank you for benefiting others. Thank you so much!!! Happy New Year to all of you also!!
Betsy and I in 2010
Please support us so that we can continue to bring you more Dharma:
If you are in the United States, please note that your offerings and contributions are tax deductible. ~ the tsemrinpoche.com blog team