Kechara Forest Retreat
For more recent updates on Kechara Forest Retreat, visit http://retreat.kechara.com/
Magnificent Lama Tsongkhapa in Wisdom Hall
This is the holy Tsongkapa with many light offerings at Kechara Forest Retreat. Everyone should make or arrange for light offerings on a regular basis. It blesses you and your mind’s wisdom. It assists in your spiritual development. It’s an important practice.
How Kechara Forest Retreat looks like today? View here!
Inviting the Queen into the Enchanted Forest!
Vajra Yogini in KFR
Today Liaison Mr Paul Yap coordinated the move of my stunning 8ft Vajra Yogini statue from my residence to Kechara Forest Retreat land. After Vajra Yogini arrived, the Kechara Pastors conducted a puja to welcome Her.
Assembling the Vajra Yogini in Kechara Forest Retreat. March 27, 2013
Vajra Yogini arrives in Kechara Forest Retreat. Offerings are made to welcome Her holy presence
Kechara has 6 pastors who conducted puja to welcome Vajra Yogini and dedicate to Her tantra’s growth in this region
After a 9 hour meeting last night with Rinpoche and some liaisons, it was decided that Dato’ Ruby Khong will be leading our WORLD PEACE TEMPLE project while Phng Li Kim will be heading KECHARA VILLAGE. Both these exciting developments are part of our KECHARA FOREST RETREAT, situated in the greenery and hills of Chamang, Pahang. Meanwhile, Datuk May Phng will be leading the development of Menara Kechara in Kuala Lumpur, a place in the city where all of Kechara works will be present under one roof. As the heads, these three liaisons will oversee the planning, design, construction, interiors etc – basically all aspects of these beneficial projects until completion. Please extend your congratulations and well wishes to these three Liaisons who are taking the lead in these KECHARA projects for benefit of many.
The Work Has Begun!
Exciting earthworks have been happening at the Kechara Forest Retreat over the past week! The contractors have cleared part of the front portion of the land and also the hillock for the future Ladrang. They have also cleared a new road from the front entrance leading to the back of the land where the temporary abodes are.
Rinpoche has gone to KFR a few times to perform pujas for the land gods there to ensure that work on the land continues smoothly. As the land is being cleared, there will be sentient beings (nagas, devas and land deities) whose lives and families are disturbed. A puja is performed to explain to them what we are doing at the land and Rinpoche has promised them that Kechara Forest Retreat with its huge temple will benefit them and the thousands who will be coming here in the future. More trees will also be planted to ensure that their living conditions are better.
Another exciting development is that the back portion of the KFR land has been identified by Rinpoche as the location for building the Kechara Village. It will be a place where Rinpoche can stay in the forest with his personal attendants and other Kecharians; to work and stay while construction work is being done in KFR. Rinpoche being at KFR will draw much needed positive energy for KFR to manifest swiftly.
Kechara Village will be built on five acres of land where it will consist of:
- Rinpoche’s cabin
- Cabins for the personal attendants
- Cabins for guests
- A chapel
- A huge working/chill out area
- Organic vegetable farm
All this is to create a conducive working and living environment in the forest for Rinpoche and Kecharians.
To read more and see the exciting pictures, please click to the link below to get to the update on the KFR website.
Please refer to Rinpoche’s blog on the Kechara Village for more information:
Kechara Forest Retreat is back on track!
Dear Kecharians and friends,
I joyfully wish to inform all of you that after a long meeting yesterday, on 31 July, Rinpoche has kindly given us the Blessings for the manifestation of KECHARA FOREST RETREAT. Rinpoche will make an announcement about this in due course. I thank Rinpoche for his blessings and for giving us this tremendous opportunity to benefit many. I also thank Kecharians and friends who have worked hard and contributed towards us obtaining this great privilege.
During this meeting, Rinpoche said that his blessings for the manifestation of the Kechara Forest Retreat was due to Datuk May’s sincerity and her perseverance and dedication to ensure that the Kechara Forest Retreat manifests.
Rinpoche emphasised that while the building of the physical Kechara Forest Retreat is going forward, it is vital that we must have more dedicated and committed people to run and maintain the Kechara Forest Retreat well. The Kechara Forest Retreat must be functional and not just empty buildings. It must be an institution that will benefit many.
Rinpoche was not well during this meeting, with high fever and flu but Rinpoche very patiently spent hours with a small group of students to discuss various issues, which culminated in Rinpoche giving his blessings for the manifestation of this meritorious project.
We thank Rinpoche for Rinpoche’s blessings and wish Rinpoche a speedy recovery.
Dear members and friends,
We have acquired 35 acres in Chamang in a pristine wooded area. It is an hour’s drive from Kuala Lumpur and from our mother Kechara House centre in the city. I wanted a place in the woods (literally) where we can practice Dharma in nature with walks, breath meditations and fresh air. We are in the process of building some temporary shelters till a few months later when we can start building permanent structures. We will start building permanent structures as soon as the approvals come… until then we still want to enjoy the place hence the temporary shelters.
I have requested Mr. William Chua to keep us posted on this blog post with pictures of the progress. You would have to visit this post regularly to see what the latest happening is! For weeks now, there have been light activities with contractors coming in and out of the land to do some work… but today Kechara volunteers have officially started coming in to lend a helping hand! The updates will start from today, where Kecharians planted over 300 flowers, shrubs and trees!!!
We have already arranged electricity, water and even internet (soon). We will have Dharma picnics, sharing, walks, pujas and relaxation at this place. I will invite people to join me here.
The president of Kechara House Datuk May Phng is in charge of the project with her great core team of Mr. Martin Chow, Mr. Joe Ang and Mr. Jeffrey Yee. Three strong and intelligent guys will be helping our lady president Datuk May.
I love the mountains, trees, birds, fresh air and open skies. I realized I am not alone. Many of our Kecharians and friends enjoy the same. This will be the perfect place. Our very own Kechara Forest Retreat!! Do read the updates below!
Kechara Forest Retreat @ Chamang
A step closer to Kechara World Peace Centre
Kechara Forest Retreat (KFR) is a place like no other, nestled in the deep mountains of Chamang, Bentong. It is located about 1 1/2 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur. In the near future, this will be the place for anyone who wishes to seek spiritual solace and for those who wish to have some time out of their daily city life. The creation of this forest retreat is an instrumental step for getting closer to our ultimate goal, Kechara World Peace Centre (KWPC).
This retreat land is conceptualized in a way to maximise the usage of nature, hence the name Kechara Forest Retreat. The moment you step into KFR, you will be greeted by beautiful fauna and flora unlike other centres in the city. Nestled right in the middle of the land will be a Prayer Hall where everyone can go to make their wishes and prayers, or simply meditate in tranquil surroundings.
The land was successfully acquired by Kechara House under the leadership of Kechara House President, Datuk May and her team. Datuk May is working hard with her team and everyone else in Kechara to fund raise for the development of the land and servicing of the loan. Ground works have already begun with the team building a temporary abode for our Lama, His Eminence Tsem Rinpoche to live in. With the sheer dedication and hard work of Datuk May and her team, the temporary abode will be up in just a few days, after which, Rinpoche will frequent the land to do prayers and blessings in preparations for the construction works.
A) The purpose:
To have a forest retreat out of the city where people can visit or seek spiritual solace and growth. People from all walks of life are welcome to visit and practice here.
B) What the Kechara Forest Retreat will have:
1. A butterlamp house where the public can make light offerings to the Buddhas.
2. A Shakyamuni Chapel which can seat 700 people.
3. A Vajrayogini Stupa where practitioners can circumambulate. Click here to see how you can Get Involved with Vajrayogini Stupa at Kechara Forest Rtreat!
4. Forest Walks where people can enjoy nature.
5. An aviary for rescued birds.
6. An organic vegetable garden where the public can learn on how to grow vegetables in their own homes.
7. A candle-making factory where we will produce our own candles for our butterlamp house and people can also learn how to make their own candles.
8. Circumambulation paths where practitioners can circumambulate and do walking meditations.
9. Walking Meditation Paths for the serious practitioners.
10. Buddha statues will be strategically placed around the land to bless the surroundings and animals.
11. A canteen to cater to the culinary needs of the public.
12. A gift shop where people can purchase souvenirs for family and friends.
13. Private quarters for Rinpoche and his assistants, otherwise known as a Ladrang.
Disclaimer: The facilities above may change as the planning is still ongoing. We may have more or new facilities while the project is in progress.
This is not a one-off post but we will continue to update everyone on the progress, the latest news and happenings at KFR so that you will know what is going on there. Please check back weekly for more exciting news as we progress!
Below, we’d like to share some photos with you of the land…
Proposed layout the Kechara Forest Retreat in Chamang.
Another view of the proposed layout and map of the Chamang land.
Entrance to the land: The main Gompa will be situated towards the front of the land, to the right of the road, which is easily accessible to the public. Here is Liaison Paul Yap on a visit to the land.
Another view of the front portion of the land.
Meditation and circumambulation path: One of two hills on the land. We plan to place stupas and outdoor statues around this hill, with a circumambulation path for people to walk as meditation or for exercise.
Proposed site for a butterlamp house to make many light offerings.
Proposed site for Tsem Ladrang, the Private Office, living quarters for the staff and guest quarters for visiting monks / visitors.
A general view of the mountain scenery, towards the back of the land.
Kechara Forest Retreat Video
Kechara Forest Retreat – Ground Breaking
We will continuously update this post until the full completion of Kechara Forest Retreat!
- Birds in Paradise at Kechara Forest Retreat
- Green experience in the forest
- Preview of the Forest Ladrang
- Inviting Vajrayogini to the Enchanted Forest
- Helping Hope and Other Dogs at KFR!
- International Volunteers At KFR
- 23 guests to KFR from across the Causeway!
- The Heads of KFR, announced!
- Latest at KFR, 28 February 2013
- Cleaning, weeding and pruning rain and shine
- The Enchanted Forest at the Kechara Forest Retreat
- KSA going all out for KFR
- KFR Development: As of 7 February 2013
- Animal Tales at KFR
- The Green Team!
- KFR Development: As of 24 January 2013
- Latest Developments at KFR – Nov 2012
- A Day in The Forest
- Blessing the Entrance Road to KFR
- Tsem Rinpoche’s Giving – A Roof For Those Without A Shelter
- Work is Well Underway at KFR
- The work has begun
- Orientation Tour of KFR
- Groundbreaking News at KFR.
- Mooncake Festival in KFR.
- More students coming in to support KFR.
- A special guest visits a special place!
- History in the making at KFR!
- KFR Goes Full Steam Ahead!
- KECHARA FOREST RETREAT – AN APPEAL
- 17th Update: 29 May 2012 – Rinpoche with Kechara children at KFR
- 16th Update: 27 May 2012 – Two Visits over the weekend!
- 15th Update: 17 May 2012 – Kechara Forest Retreat welcomes Anne Jones
- A Sharing by a Member
- What others have to say about Kechara Forest Retreat
- 14th Update: 6 May 2012
- 13th Update: 5 May 2012 (Wesak Day)
- 12th Update: 3 May 2012
- 11th Update: 1 May 2012
- 10th Update: 29 April 2012
- 9th Update: 27 April 2012
- 8th Update: 24 April 2012
- 7th Update: 23 April 2012
- A good sign appeared before us today!
- 6th Update: 22 April 2012
- More pictures on 21 April 2012
- 5th Update: 21 April 2012
- 4th Update: 19 April 2012
- More photos on 18 April 2012
- 3rd Update: 18 April 2012
- 2nd Update: 16 April 2012
- 1st Update: 14 April 2012
Check back soon for many more and exciting updates right here to help you keep track with this great project.
More posts on KFR:
- I found a place for Kechara Village!
- Condensed Tsongkapa practice for Happiness & clear mind
- 107 at Kechara Forest Retreat!
- Being there for kids the right way
- Get involved with Vajrayogini Stupa at KFR
- The Power of Ruchok
- Two powerful items for Kechara Forest Retreat
- Earthworks officially begin at KFR!
- Taking Trances
Please support us so that we can continue to bring you more Dharma:
If you are in the United States, please note that your offerings and contributions are tax deductible. ~ the tsemrinpoche.com blog team